• PIFSC HALEA Forum -- An online community to keep us connected
  • A MyBB Forum using the Square theme and GoDaddy web hosting
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

PIFSC HALEA Forum -- A MyBB forum with the Square theme and GoDaddy Web Hosting -- An online community to help us stay connected -- A nice alternative to endless emails and bloated inboxes -- An unofficial, fun venue where we can communicate -- Please refrain from serious work stuff, political & religious rants, etc -- Sign up if you would like to join this online community -- Only members can post, and starting in April only members can see content -- Click on the "Register" button above to get started!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Forum genesis...
Thread Modes
This forum came about after a conversation Evan and I had a few days ago as the COVID-19 impact started to manifest itself. We both felt that it was important for staff to stay connected during the stressful times of the COVID-19 telework event, but generally this was something we both have been mulling over a long time since we had a lot of shared experience years ago in an online gaming forum, which turned into a thriving community connecting people from all over the world on topics rarely about gaming oddly enough. Back in the early days of EOD we even had a division forum set up in phpBB which was a bit hit for a while. It can be a really cool, fun, and useful venue when everything is working properly, and we hope to inspire something similar here. Feel free to post anything you want but please try to avoid anything too seriously work-related (not a place to discuss SSC recommendations!), or seriously contentious like rants on political or religious topics. One of the downfalls of a forum community is when it becomes a soapbox or Thunderdome arena. The moderators and admins here can nip that in the bud but please try to keep it civil so we don't have to get heavy-handed!
If you saw my 2-minute spiel at the last All-Hands then you know I have strong feelings about incorporating the Hawaii concept of ohana to the PIFSC workplace. Part of an effective ohana is having good communications, and these forums could be a mechanism for such communications, at least that is the hope! So please participate!